To have a beautiful interior, we suggest planning your approach very carefully first. You can find what paint colours to choose from our article here[link]. Try to have the finished project pictured in your head.
Tips: You can choose different colours for each wall or more than 1 colour. Consider colouring an accent wall with a different shade. Accent walls can actually change the whole feel of a home, and it will definitely be for the better
Materials: What you are going to need
1. Remove as much as materials, furniture possible from the room you are painting and cover the remaining.
Cover the floor with your choice of sheet.
2. Clean your wall with a damp sponge. Diluted sugar soap will work fine, but you need to make sure you leave the walls to dry completely after cleaning them. ( Skipping this may result to paints chipping off and a risk of an unprofessional finish)
3. Find any holes on your wall created previously to fill them.
Take a fair amount of the ready-mixed filler on the end of the scraper.
Hold the scraper on a 45-degree angle against the wall and pull the filler across to cover the damaged area.
Remove the additional filler by holding the scrapper in a 90-degree angle
4. Apply painter’s masking tape over fittings and edges of sockets which maybe difficult to paint around.
5.Wait for filler to dry sand lightly for a smooth surface.
If you are using more than one can of paint it is best to mix the paint in a larger container to get a consistent colour throughout.
It is advised to mix the paint using a wooden stick for more than 3 minutes to ensure proper mixing.
Whenever you paint fresh drywall or paint over a dark colour, priming walls and ceilings is important.
Why is it important to prime the walls?
• Covers stains and imperfections
• Insures adhesion for finish coats.
Paint the ceiling first. You can use the roller pole extension instead of using a ladder to make it easier for you.
If there is a bold, focal or accent wall, paint the adjoining walls first. If the lighter colour gets to the accent wall by mistake it can be easily coated by the darker one later. Later when you paint the accent wall.
Start painting the corners of the walls from top to bottom using a brush. After covering the corners, easily roll through the main parts of the wall. You can use the roller in a ‘W’ pattern for more coverage.
Make sure you cover the ventilators too.
Once done, uncover the window and door frames and paint them too. Drying time is essential after painting every wall.
And Voila! You can now have a beautiful interior painted by yourself. Make sure you use Low VOC and eco-friendly paint to keep yourself healthy.